Sunday, July 6, 2008

CHIRAG KAKKA

CHIRAG KAKKA

The twenty-fourth post on my blog is dedicated to Chirag Kakka. My friendship with him dates back to the sixth grade at Indian School Muscat, Oman in the year 1993/94.

We were classmates for three academic years, namely the sixth, seventh and eighth grades in the years 1993/94, 1994/95 and 1995/96 respectively.

We lost touch after the eighth grade, but are now back in touch after a gap of eleven years, thanks to Orkut.

A friendly and fun-loving person, Chirag prefers to spend most of his free time with his relatives and friends in Mumbai, the capital of the western Indian state of Maharashtra. Being a busy person (he runs the family business, a grocery store in Barka, Oman), he probably does not get too much free time, but he is always game to have a great time.

Chirag, whose name means lamp in Hindi, is an alumnus of L.S. Raheja College in Santa Cruz (West), a suburb of Mumbai. He and I, therefore, have a Santa Cruz connection apart from the Muscat connection (I live in the same lane as his college.)

Born on the twenty-seventh day of the month of November, this typical Sagittarian is optimistic, freedom-loving, jovial, good-humoured, honest, straightforward, intellectual and philosophical.

This cheerful young man has a smile on his face at all times.

When he visited India last year, I contacted him hoping to meet up with him, but I guess he had other social commitments and I was busy with my own schedule, so we could not meet. However I do hope we can catch up on his next visit.

Here's hoping we keep in touch and wishing Chirag all the very best of luck, success and happiness in all his future endeavours.

No comments: