Monday, July 14, 2008

KESHAL JESRANI

KESHAL JESRANI

The forty-fifth post on my blog is dedicated to Keshal Jesrani, with whom my friendship dates back to the tenth grade at Indian School Muscat, Oman in the year 1997/98.

Keshal is the cousin of Karan Jesrani (to whom the previous post on this blog is dedicated) and Gaurav Jesrani, to whom I will dedicate one of my forthcoming posts. This close-knit family runs a grocery store in Oman.

We lost touch for a gap of two years after the tenth grade, but Keshal was one of the guests at my seventeenth birthday party at my residence in Oman in 1999. In fact, that memorable party was attended by all the three Jesrani cousins.

We promised to keep in touch after that as well, and I kept my word by adding him to my contact list on MSN Messenger. We used to chat occasionally, but could not do so often because of the time difference between the city of St. Louis in the state of Missouri in the United States of America (where he was based) and the cities of Pune and Mumbai in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.

He is a soft-spoken person whose best feature is his smile. In fact, there is a marked contrast in his personality, when compared to those of Karan (who is witty and fun-loving) and Gaurav, the oldest of the trio, who is dignified and sophisticated.

Here's wishing Keshal all the very best of luck, success and happiness in all his future endeavours and hoping we keep in touch.

No comments: